|Professional & Technical units
With interest rising regarding Voluntary Layoff (VLO) and the enhanced benefits secured in the new Professional and Technical units’ contracts, SPEEA Contract Administrators and Council Reps are receiving and answering a wide range of questions regarding the process.
A special “ Voluntary Layoff Q & A” is now available to assist members in areas The Boeing Company is targeting for employee reductions and making the VLO process available. Members are also encouraged to watch for lunch time meetings in their area.
- BCA Registration ends - May 6
- BSC Registration ends - May 12
- Boeing reviews applicants - May 6 to 1
- Disposition notices to employees - May 2
- Releases sent to employees approved for July 22 layoff - May 23
Experiencing a layoff is often the most difficult experience a worker will face during their career. During layoff, SPEEA is working and available to help represented employees with information, resources and assistance with the benefits they have earned.
SPEEA receives information regarding layoffs from the companies where represented members work. Information is used by SPEEA Contract Administrators to monitor the process and ensure the company complies with SPEEA contracts, their own procedures and recall processes.
Spirit AeroSystems - Questions employees at Spirit are asking
The Boeing Company - Questions employees at Boeing are asking
The AFL-CIO maintains a variety of tools on its website - When the Paycheck Stops
2015 retention schedule that The Boeing Company uses. Retention Schedule effective March 2015
- Boeing Career Transition Services - On the internal Boeing web, type in Career Transition Services.
On the page you will find the schedule for Layoff Briefings as well as a schedule for Resume Writing and Interviewing Techniques Workshops.
- Boeing Total Access: 866-473-2016 (TTY-TDD 800-755-6363) (need BEMS ID and password)
- Boeing Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or call toll free: 1-866-719-5788
- Trade Act - Beginning the Process
|SPEEA Main Hall
15205 52nd Ave S
Seattle, WA 98188
Mon - Thurs 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2414 106th Street SW
Everett, WA 98204
Toll Free: (877) 355-2883
Mon - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
973 S Glendale Street
Wichita, KS 67218
Mon - Thurs 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Email SPEEA - firstname.lastname@example.org