Council Reps are member-elected delegates who work to form union policy and act as union representatives in the workplace. CRs are a vital link between the employees they represent and the employer.
CRs have a number of responsibilities, but most important is to ensure that every SPEEA-represented employee receives union representation whenever necessary.
The Council Representative's role is comprised of eight key responsibilities:
• Contract monitoring and enforcement
• Discipline and performance issues
• Grievance handling/Investigations/Interviews
• Act as Council delegate to formulate policy for SPEEA
• Participation in partnership forums
• Keeping members informed
• Membership support