Message to SPEEA Council Reps and Area Reps – share with members
SPEEA News taking a break – next issue April 24
Due to staffing issues, SPEEA News will not be delivered this week. We’ve included the following updates for distribution. Look for other timely updates at www.speea.org.
SPEEA News will resume its regular schedule of publication each Friday after payday starting with the April 24 edition.
SPEEA news highlights:
· Elections/petitions – Council Rep ballots were mailed to members in 12 districts with contested seats in the Northwest and Midwest. To see if there’s a vacancy in your district (and steps to run if eligible), click here or look for link at www.speea.org.
· IFPTE deadline - If you’re interested in running for IFPTE convention delegate or SPEEA-area VP on the IFPTE Executive Council, see details at www.speea.org. Petitions and statements are due April 21.
· Food drives – The National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) food drive is Saturday, May 9. Volunteers are needed in Wichita and Everett to help unload. Also, the SPEEA Puget Sound Halls will collect peanut butter for local food banks through May 13. Details at www.speea.org – or see link for SPEEA and labor events happening in your region.
· Spirit open enrollment – SPEEA Benefits Director Matt Kempf will hold informational sessions April 28-29 in Wichita (or see the Midwest calendar online at www.speea.org). This year, Spirit requires everyone to sign up for a health care plan during open enrollment even if they don’t have changes.
· Northwest Recognition Banquet – More than 150 attended the annual banquet honoring Council Reps, advocates and friends of SPEEA. See photos from the event on SPEEA’s Facebook page.
See the online calendar for a complete list of upcoming SPEEA training and events or go to www.speea.org.
Email comments - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for SPEEA home email - www.speea.org
Like SPEEA on Facebook
Approved for posting on SPEEA bulletin boards.
SPEEA - IFPTE Local 2001
Professional Aerospace Union