- Negotiation Teams vote on whether to recommend, followed by a vote of
the bargaining unit councils.
- Contract offers are posted online (with changes noted in red), along with
contract offer highlights
- Ballots are printed and mailed by SPEEA
- Ballots are counted two weeks after mailing at the SPEEA headquarters and
results are posted online.
- SPEEA's governing documents call for a simple majority – 50% plus at least one vote – to ratify a contract and/or authorize a strike.
- Only SPEEA members can vote on the contract. Any non-member in a bargaining unit who wishes to vote may join SPEEA, and vote prior to the deadline for ballots.
- Absentee voting is for members on travel, who cannot receive and/or send the ballot back in time.